Sunday, October 13, 2013

Horses in The Washington Post

By Kitson

I've noticed that The Washington Post has done a really nice job covering horse topics recently, like the lead photo in this beautiful essay about Virginia written by my neighbor Mike Ruane. My story about a young rider with Cavalia's "Odysseo" and three other young riders was in the paper today. I had originally pitched my editor on a bunch of kids hoping she'd pick one, but instead we did all four of them with a focus on the theme of how much work is (happily) involved with horses.

The rescue horse girl (Emily Benton) will also be featured in stories I'm doing for upcoming issues of Horse Illustrated and Young Rider magazines. It has been fun to highlight the story of Chino's rescue and his connection with his girl. Here's the awesome video that compelled me to share their story with as many people as I could. It was also really great to highlight the super work of Days End Farm Horse Rescue in Woodbine, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment