Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rewilding Europe

By Kitson
Photo: Mark Hamblin / Wild Wonders of Europe

No matter what I'm doing, the path I'm on inevitably leads to horses. The particular path I've been on lately has been all about wolves, as I've been researching and drafting a non-fiction children's books for National Geographic. I recently learned about Rewilding Europe, a cool program through which government agencies and conservation groups are "rewilding" huge swaths of land starting in eastern Europe. Here's an interesting article about two wild foals born in Iberia. I can't wait to share more about another horse angle I've sniffed out on the wolf trail: wolf riders on horseback in the Western U.S. helping cattle ranchers and wolves to coexist. More on that later. Meanwhile, as work limits my time at the barn, I'm grateful for the beautiful horses (and the wolves) I come across long-distance.

Photo: Grzegorz Lesniewski / Wild Wonders of Europe


No comments:

Post a Comment