Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Budweiser "Prohibition" Commercial

By Eliza

I was just downstairs watching the Superbowl with my ten-year-old son--I am admittedly not much of a football fan--and he was explaining things to me. I was sort of glazing over when this commercial came on. I am always happy to see the Budweiser Clydesdales, as all of us horse people are, but this one spoke to me especially.
It was basically the Seabiscuit movie--the crowds of people in period dress, the grays and browns of the street scenes, and most important, people crowding around because of a horse. (My favorite is the guy with the shaving cream still on his face.) In this case, many horses. As the Clydesdales reared and shook their heads, I was finally pleased to be watching the Superbowl.

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe I missed this! Thanks for the link. I feel like the old superbowl Clydesdale budweiser commercials had more of the horses. This one, I counted only 19 seconds of horses out of 90 seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you were able to find something meaningful about the Superbowl.

    Don't you think it's sort of bizarre that Eli and Peyton Manning, and even their dad, are such football successes? That was the one thing I took away from the Superbowl: sooo weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this Super Bowl, the horse(s) and dog were more appealing than any car or woman

    ReplyDelete